INTENSIVE 5 WEEK ACADEMIC & RESIDENTIAL PROGRAM – June 18, 2016 - July 22, 2016
APPLICATION AVAILABLE IN JANUARY 2016
Before you apply, you must meet the following REQUIREMENTS:
- High School graduate - Spring 2016
- Admitted to UNM-Main Campus as 1st year freshman for Fall 2016
- Enrolled Member of a Federally Recognized Tribe
- Completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – UNM School Code = 002663
- Minimum English ACT Score of 17 or higher (or SAT Verbal Score of 410 or higher)
- Required Math ACT Score between 17-24 for placement into one of the following:
|Math 101, 102, 103 - Intermediate Algebra
||ACT of 17-21
||SAT of 430-500
|Math 121 - College Algebra
||ACT of 22-24
||SAT of 510-560
Please be sure you COMPLETE everything listed below for consideration of acceptance to the 2016 AISB Program. You may mail, fax, or scan and email the following to the AISB Program Coordinator: (Applications will NOT be considered until everything has been submitted to the Program Coordinator.)
To apply to the 2016 American Indian Summer Bridge Program, complete the following:
- Online AISB Application (Complete I, II, III, IV)
- PART I: Student Information
- PART II: Educational Information
- PART III: Parental Information
- PART IV: Extracurricular Activities
- Employment, Activities (in or outside school/community), Community Service/Volunteering, Hobbies, Responsibilities at Home, and/or Awards Received
- PART V: Personal Statement (include the following elements listed below)
- Description of who you are and why you want to participate in the AISB Program.
- Your academic and future plans and how you anticipate the AISB experience will help you meet those goals.
- What you anticipate contributing to the AISB Faculty, Staff, and Participants.
- Your ability to effectively meet the demands of a rigorous 5-week residential and academic program (e.g. study habits/skills, motivation, etc.).
- A description of your general attitude towards higher education, work ethic, & best attributes (e.g. becoming a responsible and successful college student)
- Please include any other information that you feel the Selection Committee should know, including any circumstances affecting your academic record
SCAN & EMAIL OR FAX:
- Copy of your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB)
- Copy of your UNM Letter of Acceptance
- Official High School Transcript (reflecting 7th semester grades; must be sealed & mailed)
For additional questions, please contact the AISB Program Coordinator, Catherine Montoya at 505.277.6343.