INTENSIVE 4 WEEK ACADEMIC & RESIDENTIAL PROGRAM
Please submit application after January 1st and by February 28th for Priority Consideration:
Click here for application
Before you apply, you must meet the following REQUIREMENTS:
- Admitted to UNM-Main Campus as 1st year freshman for Fall 2014
- Enrolled Member of a Federally Recognized Tribe
- Completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – UNM School Code = 002663
- Minimum English ACT Score of 19 or higher (or SAT Verbal Score of 450 or higher)
- Minimum Math ACT Score of 22 or higher (or SAT Score of 510 or higher)
Please be sure you COMPLETE everything listed below for consideration of acceptance to the 2014 AISB Program. You may mail, fax, or scan and email the following to the AISB Program Coordinator: (Applications will NOT be considered until everything has been submitted to the Program Coordinator.)
To apply to the 2013 American Indian Summer Bridge Program, complete the following:
- AISB Application (Complete Part I, II, III, IV)
- Copy of your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB)
- Copy of your UNM Letter of Acceptance
- One (1) Letter of Recommendation
- The Recommender has the option of sending the letter directly to the Program Coordinator
- The Recommender should note the following in their letter:
- How long they have known you and in what capacity.
- A description of your general attitude towards higher education, work ethic, & best attributes
- A description of your capacity for college work and potential for becoming a responsible and sucessful college student
- A statement about your ability to effectively meet the demands of a rigorous summer academic program.
- List of Extracurricular Activities or Resume
Personal Essay (Include the following elements listed below)
- Employment, Activities (in or outside school/community), Community Service/Volunteering, Hobbies, Responsibilities at Home, and/or Awards Received
- Description of who you are and why you want to participate in the AISB Program.
- Your academic and future plans and how you anticipate the AISB experience will help you meet those goals.
- What you anticipate contributing to the AISB Faculty, Staff, and Participants.
- Your ability to successfully complete a rigorous 4-week residential and academic program (e.g. study habits/skills, motivation, etc.).
- Please include any other information that you feel the Selection Committee should know, including any circumstances affecting your academic record.
For additional questions, please contact the AISB Program Coordinator, Catherine Montoya at 505.277.6343.